Tuesday

Mrs. Juli Entered Her Paintings In The Fair Today!

Hey Everyone!

I went with Mrs. Juli to the fairgrounds to help her turn in five paintings for the fine arts department competition. We took the camera but there really wasn't much set up yet, there were just a bunch of people standing in line with their fair entries.

Mrs. Juli is taking me back on Saturday and not only will we get to see if she won any awards, but I will also get to ride on some of the rides and eat corn dogs and cotton candy! It will be my first fair so I am very excited.

Here are Mrs. Juli's paintings before we put them in the car:
(you can click the picture to make it bigger to see the paintings better)
When Mrs. Juli was in the second grade and third grade, she took oil painting lessons and had many paintings that all of her family framed and even though they were very proud of her as a little girl, Mrs. Juli stopped painting. Aunt June talked Mrs. Juli into painting again last year and she has probably finished twenty paintings in that time.

I think Mrs. Juli is very talented but just like everyone, she feels a little self-conscious and insecure so when she puts her paintings in the fair to be judged, she is afraid of failure.

I told Mrs. Juli that it doesn't matter if she wins ribbons, she has won in my eyes and it doesn't matter who the judges pick as the winners. I really hope that she sees some ribbons on her paintings when we go back on Saturday but if she doesn't, I'll let her know that I am proud of her no matter what. I think it is neat that she let the world see her paintings.

We are going to Carmel tomorrow with some of her friends so I hope to have some good pictures to show you! Mrs. Juli says that Carmel is beautiful. I can't wait to see the Pacific Ocean!

I hope you are having a good week.

Love,

Flat Stanley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The paintings look beautiful. I am sure Mrs. Juli will win ribbons on each of them - she did last year.
Flat Stanley, you are really getting a diverse education with Mrs. Juli...Hannah picked a good home to send you. Carmel is so beautiful and I know you will enjoy it. They have such neat restaurants and shops, I cannot wait to go back there myself. Have a fun day - cannot wait to hear about it. Let Mrs. Juli put those plastic booties over your feet if you walk on the beach - that is what Mr. Michael does!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to sign my name - Mrs. Jane

Anonymous said...

Wow! Mrs. Juli's paintings are awesome!! I definately think she should win some ribbons. I am glad Aunt June talked her into painting again--she does a great job. I am so glad she took pictures of them and shared them with us. I can not wait until Saturday!!

Sorry it has been a few days since we left a comment. The kids are already in bed tonight. We are having some internet difficulties and I was just now able to get on. They will be disappointed that they missed you tonight. Hopefully they will be able to catch up on your adventures tomorrow.

Listen to Mrs. Jane and wear plastic booties on your feet if you walk on the beach.
Love, Mommy