Wednesday

I Went To Carmel and Pebble Beach!

Hey Everyone!
I had such a fabulous day today. Mrs. Juli met some friends for lunch and then they spent the day together in Carmel and Monterey.
This is where we all had lunch. It is called "Highlands Inn" and the views are amazing! That is really the Pacific Ocean that we overlooked when we had lunch!
The Tinkle Pink Inn and Highlands Inn are on the same property in Carmel. It is so beautiful here!

This is Carmel-By-The-Sea and the sand is so incredibly soft. The beaches are very wide here.


This is the famous Pebble Beach Golf Course off to the right of this picture. You will see that I got to see it up close and personal!
Mr. Michael puts doggie bags on his feet when he comes to this Carmel beach. He says that it works brilliantly for stopping sand from getting in his shoes. Mrs. Juli tries to tell him that the bags are for dogs but Mr. Michael likes them as booties.

I really loved the above picture of me and my shiny tooth! This is when we went to see art galleries in Carmel. There were so many English looking old buildings in this charming little town. It was so beautiful.

This nice man wanted to take a picture of me with his dogs. Aren't they cute! He is a teacher and recognized me as Flat Stanley. He thought it was so cool that I was spending the day in Carmel and Monterey and he said to tell Hannah "hello".
The picture below is the practice green at Pebble Beach golf course:
This is the entrance to the famous Lodge at Pebble Beach, these nice men liked me:
This is us in the Lodge at the 18th hole of Pebble Beach:


This was our nice waitress and she said to tell you "hello".

This was me catching some sun and relaxing at the 18th hole:

These were people finishing their game at Pebble Beach and then we went to the Pro Shop to get a little souvenir.


The weather was so nice today.

The Pacific Ocean is very cold and even in the summer months, people wear wetsuits to go swimming. There are so many cliffs along the ocean here and that is what makes it so different from South Carolina beaches.

Sophie was so upset that we couldn't take her today. I am so glad that I am flat and can fit in Mrs. Juli's purse. I am learning so much!

Love,

Flat Stanley

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! It looks like Flat Stanley had a wonderful day in Carmel and Pebble Beach. My mom is going to Hollister today to visit Mrs. Juli and she can't wait to meet Flat Stanley! She hopes that he will like her. I can't wait to hear more about Flat Stanley's adventures :)

Flat Stanley said...

Hey Gina! I can't wait to meet your mommy today! I hope she likes my shiny tooth and my new golf club. Mrs. Juli says that we will be playing goofy golf today because all she and your mother do is goof off when they play golf together.
Love,
Flat Stanley

Lord Hutton said...

Hi Flat Stanley and Hi Hannah
You have fans even in the United Kingdom (over there to the right on the map, just a bit more from NY). The world is a big place and not at all flat. Stanley needs to find his other dimensions! Hope everything going well for you.
Andy, Lord Hutton

Anonymous said...

Hi Stanley. I am so glad to finally see a picture of you with Mrs. Juli. The views and flowers from you adventures today are gorgeous!! The beach sure does look different from the ones we go to around here. The sand looks much softer. I am glad you are enjoying all those beautiful things in California--there are so many of them.

Your tooth sure does shine out in the sunlight. It is starting to grow on me.

Were you able to play any golf at Pebble Beach?

Thanks for sharing your adventures again today. Thank you Mrs. Juli for all the great pictures!! We are enjoying them.
Love, Hannah

Anonymous said...

I am officially mailing myself to Mrs. Juli tomorrow!!

Love, Mommy

Flat Stanley said...

Lord Hutton! Mrs. Julianna told me all about you and she showed me where you are on the map. She said that she has been to England once and that it was so beautiful. She wishes she could send me to you after this California adventure because England is so fascinating.

Hannah, I miss you but am having a very good time. Thank you for making me and sending me to Mrs. Juli's house. I hope you are doing well and getting good grades in school.

Mommy, I wish you could fly out here and be with me as well! Mrs. Juli is taking such good care of me and Sophie is my best friend in California.

I met Mrs. Juli's really neat girlfriend, Mrs. Kathy today. Mrs. Kathy drove up from Pismo Beach to meet me. We took some pictures and we will post them soon. Mrs. Juli has been cooking and cleaning and washing clothes and making dinner tonight. She has a LOT of cleaning to do before Mrs. Jane and her best friend come to visit in two weeks.

Love,

Flat Stanley