Sunday

San Francisco Treat!

Hey Hannah and Everyone!

We are having so much fun! Mrs. Jane and Mrs. Elaine arrived safely on the airplane and we drove straight to San Francisco!

This nice man greeted us at our hotel:

This is Mrs. Elaine, Mrs. Juli and Mrs. Jane within minutes of arriving in San Francisco:
This was the view from our hotel. That is the Bay Bridge in the background:
Our first stop was the cable cars. These nice people were waving at me:
Here I am riding on a cable car:
This is the brake man for the cable car; he was so nice to me:
We noticed some commotion while we were on our cable car ride and as we got closer, we realized they were filming a movie or commercial.

They had the streets blocked for the filming:


This actor was wearing a ski outfit and had on fancy roller skis like he was roller blading on the steep hills.
Here he is waving at me!:
Here is another view from our cable car ride, you can see how steep the hills are in San Francisco:
This is the entrance to Chinatown:
We did so much shopping!
San Francisco sure is a busy city! There were so many policemen on motorcycles:
This nice man said to tell you "hello"! He also let us know that Joe Biden was giving a speech, he said that there are always hundreds of secret service people and police officers to help protect any presidential or vice-presidential candidate.
When we got back to our hotel, we noticed this man changing light bulbs out of our sky scrapper window. He was so high and didn't seem scared at all!

He only had a small rope clipped on his belt to keep him from falling thirty stories to the ground! He saw me looking at him and he waved at me!:
Thank goodness he wasn't on one of the tallest buildings in the world! This is the famous Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco:
There is so much to do and see in San Francisco! We even went on a boat ride:

That is a view of the city of San Francisco from our boat on the bay.
You can get a better idea of how crowded the city is and also see the steep hills from this vantage point:
The next picture shows the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance. Past the Golden Gate bridge, is the Pacific ocean. The ocean rushes into the San Francisco Bay so the current is really dangerous and the water is freezing. San Francisco is often foggy because the frigid water temperature and the warm city air temperature mix together to make fog.

The Golden Gate bridge is spectacular!

It was so cold and windy while we were out on the boat. I thought I was going to lose my new shiny tooth!

A taxi driver took us down Lombard Street and it was awesome! Lombard Street is the crookedest street in the world!





My next adventure is going to be on Alcatraz Island!

I am learning so much on my adventure! I only have one more week here and then I will be back in South Carolina. I hope y'all had a nice weekend!

Love,

Flat Stanley

No comments: