Thursday

Surprises, Surprises!

Hey Hannah, Zac, Garrett, Mommy, Daddy and Everyone!

We are so excited about Mrs. Jane and Mrs. Elaine coming to California. Mrs. Jane and Mrs. Elaine have been best friends for almost fifty years!

Today, we heard a knock at the door and there was a box from Mrs. Jane. Guess what she sent us!!!

YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Boiled peanuts and country ham and country bacon and yellow grits!!!!! We can hardly stand ourselves we are so excited.
Mrs. Jane has only been to Hollister one time and that was a few years ago. Mrs. Elaine has never been here so they have a lot to see on their vacation.

I am going to be sleeping with Sophie and her Mini-Me because Mrs. Elaine will have my bedroom. I cleaned my room really good for Mrs. Elaine:
This is where Mrs. Jane will be sleeping, it is a daybed in the other bedroom; it is really comfortable:
We made them surprises and I am so excited for them:
Mrs. Elaine and Mrs. Jane will have big monogrammed towels on their bed when they arrive. We hope they can use them for a long time and remember their trip together.
Then, of all things, Mrs. Debbie came over today and gave Mrs. Juli a surprise! Mrs. Debbie has been reading about my adventure since we visited her and her horses and she read that Mrs. Juli collects cups and saucers so she brought Mrs. Juli an antique cup and saucer to add to her collection!
Today was a magnificent day!

We have big adventures ahead for the coming week. We are going to San Francisco on Saturday and coming back to Hollister on Monday. We will be taking tons of pictures of my adventure but Mrs. Juli isn't sure that she can post pictures of me while we are in San Francisco so you may not see a new update until the beginning of next week. We will try to leave you comments if we can't post a new update.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and the fish fry sounds awesome! Mrs. Juli does love to fish and the last time she was in South Carolina, she was hoping for a fish fry but only caught one catfish so they had to eat at Lizard's Thicket instead. I can't wait to hear about your fish fry! I hope you catch lots of catfish.

Love,

Flat Stanley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Flat Stanley. It sounds like things are improving for everyone. Hopefully you will not have any more difficult days.

Our fish fry was rainy but we did catch some fish. The boys were soaked head to toe but they had fun. Mommy and I stayed inside. Mommy even made the boys eat on the kitchen floor because they were so dirty. We ate fried catfish, chips, slaw and bread. Since it was raining we had to wait until Saturday to cook our s'mores. Tell Mrs. Juli we owe her a fish fry when she comes to SC. We always have catfish!! We might even be able to get some real boiled peanuts! She can even fish as much as she wants to--with Garrett. Garrett is our fisherman. He eats, breathes and sleeps fishing!!

The towels are beautiful. I think Mrs. Jane and Mrs. Elaine will love them. Did you and Mrs. Juli make those for them? Please be careful with Mrs. Juli's new teacup!! It is beautiful and looks very fragile.

I hope you are having fun on your adventures. I can not wait to hear about them. Remember to be sweet and use your manners.

How was your overnight adventure with Sophie and Mini Me? I hope you all did not stay up too late.

Miss you--Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hey Stanley. Tell Mrs. Juli I am always looking for a fishing partner!! Right now I am looking at a Bass ProShop magazine making out my Christmas list. They have lots of cool stuff!!
See ya soon-
Garrett

Flat Stanley said...

Hey Hannah, Zac, Garrett, Mommy, Daddy and Everyone!,

We are so very busy with Mrs. Jane and Mrs. Elaine. It is almost midnight and we are just getting settled in for the night.

Mrs. Juli just downloaded our pictures from San Francisco and I can't wait to show you all of the places that I have visited!

We have so many plans for the next few days, so we may not be able to upload our week's adventure until this weekend.

I hope you are having a good week and I can't wait for you to see my latest adventure.

Love,

Flat Stanley

Anonymous said...

Dear Flat Stanley, It has been a while since I was there with you in California, but Mrs. Elaine and I had a wonderful time with you, Mrs. Juli, and Sophie. We sure saw a lot of neat things and educational things also. Mrs. Elaine and I have talked twice since our trip and we say it is still the most memorable trip and wish we could go back again soon and do the same things all over again.
When are you going back to Hannah's house and classroom? I know Mrs. Juli, Mr. Michael, and Sophie are going to miss you terribly. You certainly have had a fun packed vacation and I am sure Hannah's family would like to go visit Mrs. Juli one day also.
Have a good rest of the day.
Mrs. Jane