Tuesday

CONGRATULATIONS HANNAH !!!

WOW! STUDENT OF THE WEEK! We are so excited and proud of you Hannah.

I told Mrs. Juli that I wanted to write you a note so she taught me how to write real pretty.

This is called calligraphy and Mrs. Juli has had her set for 20 years! She said that it is good to have calligraphy pens so that when you send invitations for parties or holiday cards, it makes them more special and pretty.
The calligraphy kits come with pens and an instruction book and practice paper and lessons. Mrs. Juli is going to buy me my very own calligraphy kit so that I can take it back to South Carolina! I will share it with everyone.
I practiced writing all of our names.
Mrs. Juli helped me draw a pretty flower.
I just started with a dot and added pointy petals all around and then I filled in the gaps with more pointy petals:
Then I added a stem and leaves and VIOLA! I made you a pretty card!:

Mrs. Juli was telling me about when you were a baby and how Josie had a puppy. Aunt June and Mrs. Juli couldn't believe it when your mommy called and said, "Josie had a puppy!" because, really, what big dog has only one puppy and your mommy and daddy didn't even know that she was pregnant. Your grandma found the puppy while your mommy was rocking you. It was like Josie wanted a baby like your mommy.

Sophie thinks that she is getting ready to have babies, it is called a "false pregnancy" but she isn't pregnant. She is nesting and carrying her favorite monkey around all of the time and she tries to keep us in a hidden place. This is under a tablecloth in the family room. She protects her "babies".


Here we are up close:
Sophie didn't like Mrs. Juli getting so close so she carried me away.

Mrs. Juli tried to take me but Sophie took me back to her nest:
Sophie loves me.

Frankly, Sophie is aggravating all of us with her digging and nesting and carrying us all over the place. Mrs. Juli read on the internet that this will last about three weeks so Mrs. Jane will get to see the crazy Sophie when she comes to California next week.
It's a good thing that Sophie is so cute. Mr. Michael is calling her "Lucy" because it is short for "Lucifer" and she is acting like the devil.

Tell everyone that I said, "hello". We are so proud of you Hannah!

Love,

Flat Stanley

(P.S. Have fun at the dentist! Mrs. Juli used to be a dental hygienist and she loved cleaning children's teeth. She called the suction "Mr. Thirsty" and the polish brush "Mr. Tickle" because it tickles when they polish your teeth. I can't wait to hear if your dentist makes grillz!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Flat Stanley, you have to be exhausted. What varied activities you have been exposed to. I can tell Sophie really does love you. You two are so cute together. Hannah deserves a great big CONGRATULATIONS for being student of the week. That is awesome. You are so lucky, Flat Stanley, to have such a great family. Time for me to do some work and then watch the presidential debate. Talk to you later.
Mrs. Jane

Anonymous said...

Hey Flat Stanley. We are all gathered around the computer reading about your adventures. Thank you for the beautiful writing. You did an awesome job. Mommy told me that she used to do some calligraphy when she was younger. I am enjoying being student of the week. Mommy and Daddy had to write a letter about me last night for my teacher to read to me and the class today. I cried and so did my teacher. She had to get someone else to read it. It was really sweet.

You and Sophie are so cute together. I may have to send you a twin to leave with Mrs. Juli so Sophie does not miss you!! I've never heard of dogs nesting before. It is funny how Sophie moved you around because Mrs. Juli found you. I think Sophie is so cute!!!!

We are on our way to get flu shots. Hopefully we will not get sick this winter!!

Check on you tomorrow! Love, Hannah

PS: Our dentist said he did not make grillz. He kind of gave Mommy a funny look when she asked about them!

Anonymous said...

Hey Flat Stanley! I like seeing pictures of you with Sophie. I wish we could have a little dog at our house. Don't let Sophie hurt you while she is nesting!!
Zac

Anonymous said...

That story brought back some memories and some laughter!! Josie really did have one little puppy when Hannah was just a few months old. We were shocked. It is a great memory though.

Your calligraphy is wonderful!! I did a little bit of calligraphy many, many years ago. That was before children!! I barely have time to scrapbook now!!

I love the picture of Sophie carrying you around. You two are really cute together!!

Be sweet! Love, Mommy