Monday

Hannah! I made it to California!

Hi Hannah!


My trip from South Carolina to California went SO well! I am now at Mrs. Juli's house and she is being very nice to me. I am in a town called Hollister, California and it is kind of near Monterey. This is where I am living now and I have my very own bedroom! It is the far right window upstairs and it is very nice. Mrs. Juli even has special soaps and books and I even get my own robe!

Mrs. Juli and Mr. Michael live on a golf course. This is me in their backyard. I don't know if you can see the golfers in the background but I had fun watching them play.
She has a puppy named Sophie and she almost ate me. Mrs. Juli had to chase Sophie around and I was even in Sophie's mouth but I wasn't scared.

Sophie was just playing.
Sophie was so excited to meet me that she kind of ripped my shirt a little bit but Mrs. Juli said she will get a band-aid for it tomorrow and it was all in good fun.This was Sophie kissing me and licking my wounds and letting me know that she loves me.
Sophie does a funny thing that looks like she is waving. Mrs. Juli says that she is begging but I think she is waving at me.We were starting to get tired from our introduction and my very long plane ride so Sophie and I took a nap with your picture and your letter.
After we woke up from our nap, Mrs. Juli took us outside to get some fresh air. Sophie didn't like me being away from her on the top of the chair cushion so she came and got me to sit on the chair with her.

Mrs. Juli said that she has a lot of things planned for me and although I miss you, I am very excited to be here.

Mrs. Juli is going to try to update regularly with new pictures of what I am doing! This is going to be fun!

Love,

Flat Stanley
.
P.S. Mrs. Juli said that you can say hello by leaving a comment in the comment section. I can't wait to hear from you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Flat Stanley - I am Mrs. Juli's Mom and I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time in California. There are lots of things to see and do...it is beautiful country. I hope you are still there when I come to visit the middle of October because then you can visit San Francisco and see the Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Alcatraz, and the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway scenery.
Don't let Sophie treat you too badly.
Have a good night - talk to you later.
Mrs. Jane

millie said...

Hello, Flat Stanley. I am Mrs. Juli's friend and I am so very glad to see you are visiting her. And she is writing again. I have missed her words and photos so very much. Please tell Mrs. Juli you would like to come visit me soon. I think you need to see Oakland!

Flat Stanley said...

Mrs. Jane and Mrs. Millie,

Thank you for saying "hello" to me and I am so excited about visiting California.

I do miss Hannah and am feeling a little homesick but that is normal and Mrs. Juli is being very nice to me. She made me cookies and milk and told me stories that made me laugh.

I miss Hannah and wish she could be with me. Mrs. Juli said that this is normal to feel this way and Sophie is being so sweet to me. I really love this puppy and I think she likes me too.

I am going to play golf tomorrow with Mrs. Juli so that should be fun!

I hope I hear from Hannah or her mother soon. I really can't wait to see them but am also very excited about this trip.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Flat Stanley. It appears you are having a wonderful time with Mrs. Juli and Sophie. Your band aid looks so cool. I think you and Mrs. Juli should write a book about your adventures. It would be fun for all children to read with the pictures and everything. Have a great day and will talk to you later.
Mrs. Jane

Anonymous said...

Hello Flat Stanley,

Wow, It looks like you are having a blast. I love visiting my sister Juli. It is a peaceful and relaxing place to rest. If you really want to have fun there, try the skydiving. You are very close to a skydiving place where you can jump from the highest altitude in the United States! It is scary but very, very fun. I just don't understand why no one else in my family will go with me!? Enjoy your time and give a hug to Hannah when you get back home. June

Anonymous said...

Hi, Flat Stanley, you have to be exhausted. What varied activities you have been exposed to. I can tell Sophie really does love you. You two are so cute together. Hannah deserves a great big CONGRATULATIONS for being student of the week. That is awesome. You are so lucky, Flat Stanley, to have such a great family. Time for me to do some work and then watch the presidential debate. Talk to you later.
Mrs. Jane