Tuesday

River Taught Me How To Surf!

Hey Hannah, Zac, Garrett and Everyone!

Meet River! :
We saw River and his friends surfing in the ocean and then he took a break and I got to meet him. He was so nice and taught me how to surf! I told him that his name should be "Ocean" instead of "River" and he said that I could call him "Ocean" and he would call me "Grillz".

This might look like many birds or surfers but it is really kelp in the ocean. Mrs. Juli has been scuba diving in the Pacific Ocean and she said that it actually looks like a kelp forest in some places. Kelp is real important for all of the marine life. Some people call it seaweed. (Remember, you can always click on any picture to see the image better)
Here is a surfer amongst the kelp.

The Pacific Ocean is always cold. Surfers wear wetsuits throughout the entire year, even in the summer!

Here is River (or, Ocean as I like to call him) surfing with his friends:
Here is Sophie watching me surf amidst the washed up kelp:
Here I am on the beach:
This is a piece of kelp up close:
Here I am with River's surfboard:
We saw more seals playing on the beach:
Mrs. Juli's tennis shoes and I had to dry off on the hotel balcony:

I will always remember the day that I met River on the beach in Cambria:

I hope that everyone has a good week and Zac, we will be thinking about you on Thursday.

Love,

Flat Stanley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Flat Stanley, It has been a while since I was there with you in California, but Mrs. Elaine and I had a wonderful time with you, Mrs. Juli, and Sophie. We sure saw a lot of neat things and educational things also. Mrs. Elaine and I have talked twice since our trip and we say it is still the most memorable trip and wish we could go back again soon and do the same things all over again.
When are you going back to Hannah's house and classroom? I know Mrs. Juli, Mr. Michael, and Sophie are going to miss you terribly. You certainly have had a fun packed vacation and I am sure Hannah's family would like to go visit Mrs. Juli one day also.
Have a good rest of the day.
Mrs. Jane

Anonymous said...

Hey Stanley. River seems really cool. I hope he watches out for sharks when he is surfing. It would really be cool to see seals up close playing in the water. Did Miss Juli surf with you?

Zac is doing well from his surgery. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow for a new cast.

I love the picture of Sophie. I hope I can meet her one day.
Hannah