Friday

Elephant Seals

I got to see elephant seals on the beach!

This is a beach near the Hearst Castle that is very close to where we stayed in the town of Cambria:
The picture below just looks like a normal beach:
This looks like a normal beach until you get closer! There were hundreds and hundreds of elephant seals resting on the beach:
Here are two seals up close:

They splash sand on their backs while they are on the beach to keep cool:

This is only one of a very places that elephant seals come to rest. Scientists aren't sure how the elephant seals know this exact beach or what makes them choose certain places.

Elephant seals are amazing!

Love,

Flat Stanley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stanley,
Sorry I haven't written you in so long.We couldn't get a signal from our house.Getting to see elephant seals live,and upclose would be a dream come true for Zac,Garrett,and,me.They were awesome.
The way they put out that fire was awesome!!
We are leaving to go home from school so I will have write you again next week!

Love, Hannah

Anonymous said...

Dear Flat Stanley,
I love the elaphant seals!!They were so awesome!!Sorry,but I don't have time to wtite any more.
Have some more great adventures!!
Sincerly,
Zac

Flat Stanley said...

Hey Hannah, Zac, Garrett and Mommy!

I have so any cool pictures to show you from my trip to Cambria.

Mrs. Juli has had the flu and wasn't able to update my adventure.

I got some really cool pebbles from the beach and I have washed them and dried them so that all of you can see in real life! There is real jade in with the beach pebbles!

I hope y'all are doing well and Mrs. Juli will update the blog soon.

Love,

Flat Stanley